Monday 4 March 2013

Mac Dark Lipsticks Haul!





Hey there! I'm so excited today to be writing my first blog entry. I just received my MAC lipsticks in 'Firm Form' and 'Smoked Purple' in the post so I am going to do a review for you! I also just bought 'Cyber' in Brown Thomas, Grafton Street, today so I will review that as well! 






Firm Form; This is a matte finish black with 'golden pearls' from the MAC Strength Collection. I arrived in the shops the day after it was released to find it sold out! So I bought it on eBay from MakeUp Emporium1, a brilliant seller! It was double the price, but so worth it! Most people tend to stay away from blacks and dark colors because it washes them out, but this color is beautiful!! It's not too dark, and the gold sparkles almost give it a brownish tint, but not so much that my fellow goth chic lovers would be disappointed. It's amazing, it doesn't rub onto your teeth (which is a hazard with dark lipsticks!) with its matte finish. I would definitely recommend this color! 
 MAC Firm Form

Cyber: This is a blue based dark purple color. Having purchased this on a whim after not being a big fan forever I came home today to find that Cyber and Smoked purple are exactly the same color! However, Cyber is a Satin finish, which is glossier and not as good as Smoked Purple in my opinion, which is a matte finish. Cyber wears off quite quickly, and onto your teeth, not where it should be! It also goes into the chaps of your lips if you leave it without reapplying for too long. Nice color but not a fan of the finish! 

MAC Cyber

 Smoked Purple: I love love love this lipstick! Its a dark purple, not as blue based as Cyber, it's a more purple tone as it says in the name! It is a matte finish which is my favorite finish. MAC do matte very well; they're creamy but don't smudge and stay on forever! This was a sultry seasonal lipstick from a few years ago. I researched a dark purple online and found this on eBay. I bought this from tt-sh, another great seller that I highly recommend. This didn't rub onto my teeth at all which I find a huge plus because it's always quite embarrassing  having black teeth!                                                                          MAC Smoked Purple

All in all I am very happy with my haul and I will be doing a review of my purple lipsticks soon!
Anna xxx

WARNING buying MAC off eBay is a risky business. Sellers claim their products are authentic and they are more often not. Read through the reviews of other buyers and if their is even one claiming that the product is fake don't purchase from them. A lot of people wouldn't know the difference. Look for a star rating from the eBay website.









3 comments:

  1. Great! So cooool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Anna, this looks fab. Also very interesting and helpful reviews :)

    ReplyDelete